Many people don't understand or appreciate the benefits of an active adult community until they have experienced it. In fact, there are some who aren't even aware of such communities.
Active Adult Communities
When do we stop becoming active? What we've learned is that this station in life comes at different times for everyone. We also know that staying active promotes the ability to continue to be active.
"Physical activity is good for both your body and your mind, as well as adding years to your life and life to your years!"
Did you get that, staying active is good for your body and will add "life to your years" - here is the core of the active adult community. One brilliant mind once said this about activity...
“Happiness is a state of activity.” - Aristotle
A community of mature adults focused on the joy of life and enjoying a lifestyle structure that is active, fun and built on active relationships. This defines what an active adult community is and what it is all about.
The Amenities of an Age-Restricted Community
There is no active lifestyle without activities and events to support and promote that goal. Active adult communities specialize in not only activities but the community. They often offer a variety of activities along with opportunities to interact with others that results in a fuller experience, more enjoyment, and real relationships.
The various activities that can be discovered and experienced at an active adult community include:
- Golf - That game which is slow-paced, challenging and fun while providing plenty of opportunities to meet and bond with other residents.
- Tennis - A more physical activity, tennis is a great cardiovascular sport that will strengthen your respiratory system while you have fun.
- Equestrian activities - Somewhere in between that faster-paced tennis game and that easy-going golf round are skilled activities like horseback riding.
On the social end of the spectrum, when residents aren't out chasing balls our galloping in the wind, there are plenty of social events and opportunities.
- Luxury Spas - A great way to unwind after a brisk ride or to relax and be pampered following a fun but competitive tennis match.
- Fine dining - The evenings aren't instant bedtime for those with an active lifestyle. An excellently prepared meal and great company is another perk of the active lifestyle provided by such communities.
- Social clubs - Sharing hobbies and interests is often a platform for meaningful relationships and a wonderful way to keep the mind active too.
Community makes us better, individually and as a whole. By joining people with the same desire to stay healthy and active while delivering a structure to support interactions, active adult communities promote the ideal and realization of community.
“I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap.”
- Ani DiFranco
Better and Stronger Together
The perks of living in an active adult community are many and enjoyed by those who are discovering that getting older doesn't mean becoming less active. Activity is good for us, physically and mentally. Sharing our lives and activities together make us better, stronger, and happier. That is the power of community.
Enjoy the life you have worked for and enjoy it with others. These should be the best times of our lives - and they are for those living in active adult communities.
GrandManors is an on-site lifestyle division experienced in working with active adult communities. If you want to know more about the what these communities are about and our lifestyle management services, contact us.